Ecoflo-Wash Global Sanitation is an organisation based in Australia that focuses on bringing education and wastewater sanitation solutions to countries and communities that face health-related problems because of poor sanitation.
We specialise in working with INGO’s, Not-For-Profit organisations, community groups and directly with communities to help make sustainable, environmentally friendly water sanitation solutions available by providing advice, assistance and products for toilet buildings, composting toilets and solar systems for remote areas with little-to-no electricity or running water.
Before we even start considering solutions we look at cultural issues and implications.
- Human Waste Composting education material
- Composting toilets (to suit small or large communities)
- Toilet buildings
- Solar panels and solar solutions
- Greywater treatment solutions
- Outdoor or Outloo Sheds
- Cleaning solutions and equipment
- Education about sanitation and wastewater management
- Co-ordination with government and INGO’s
- Community leadership initiatives
- Humanitarian planning and coordination
- Supply and procurement of composting toilets
- Site selection
- Feasibility studies
- Project front end loading
- Design management
- Delivery management
Co-ordination, preparedness and response
- Technical assistance
- Management of complex project teams
- Manufacturing, supply and delivery of water sanitation products
- Distribution of educational material about water sanitation
- Co-ordination of teams for installation of toilet buildings and systems
- Community, cultural and social collaboration
Innovations, New Technologies and Best Practices
- Quality testing
- All solutions meet the high level of Australian Standards
- AS/NZS 1546.2 compliant
- Building materials IFR-10 ( isophthalic polyester with fire retardant) tested to AS 1530
Partnerships and Collaboration
Helping the island of Rambutso in PNG
The inhabitants of Rambutyo in Papua New Guinea previously had toilets directly over the ocean which was having health implications and causing obvious issues with the sanitation of the water they lived so closely to.Women and children had to walk quite a distance to go to the toilet and privacy was also an issue, so you can imagine the relief when a solution was found.
Ecoflo-Wash Global Sanitation has helped the villages of Rambutyo to install their first community composting toilets. This means that men, women and children will have a healthier standard of sanitation along with usable compost material after a few months of use.
Railaco Kraic Village in East Timor
With some of the lowest economic indicators in the world and where 50% of population is under the age of 18, education has been identified as key to prosperity for the area. Ensuring the retention of teachers in a remote area like Railaco Kraic is therefore incredibly important. However, a limited and unreliable supply of water and no electricity meant that facilities for teachers were very basic.
A squat toilet was replaced with a CM8 toilet from Clivus Multrum. The toilet does not use water and only requires minimal solar energy to power a small fan in the vent pipe. This installation has improved living standards for the teachers and students and continues to function well year after year.